Thursday, March 9, 2017

Foodie Friday and Everything Else

I've set a place just for you at this week's Foodie Friday and Everything Else. On this spring-like day, we'll enjoy a light lunch, then wander out to the Adirondack chairs and wait for dusk.


 
I'm honored to introduce this week's Featured Blogger:
our dear friend Sarah, author of Hyacinths for the Soul.


Sarah loves Texas, tartan, and travel, not to mention antiquing, gardening, reading, and entertaining.

Her passion for Mackenzie-Childs has inspired her readers, including the eagerly anticipated adventures with her girlfriends and their M-C totes. Catch the latest installment of Tales of the Travelling Totes.
Sometimes blogging friendships fade away for unknown reasons; and sometimes the friendships thrive and deepen over the years. Sarah is steadfast, the kind of friend who sticks with you through thick and thin. She is beloved by everyone she touches.

In her own words:
"The summer we married, my husband was in graduate school, and I was employed as a teacher. We took a portion of our savings that summer and purchased a sailboat. We christened our Catalina 22, “Hyacinths For The Soul” after Saadi’s poem. Our "Hyacinths" provided years of pleasure. We continue to cherish the extras of life as food for our souls."
-- Sarah, Hyacinths for the Soul




You'll love the highlights from last week's party:
Cooking
Just in time to deal with my high cholesterol, here comes a delicious, healthy recipe for vegetarian collard green soup by Best of Long Island and Central Florida.

From left: How to Make Fondant Basketweave by Rose Bakes; Savory Breakfast Bread Pudding by The Kitchen is My Playground; Easter Simnel Cake by Ivy, Phyllis, and Me.

A Rainbow Waffle Bar by Gluesticks.


Home Decorating
Finding French Country Decor in Napa by Peonies and Orange Blossoms.

From left: Benjamin Moore's Simply White in the Dining Room and Kitchen by The Happy Housie; Balayage-Inspired Distressed, Painted Furniture by Homestead 128; When You Can't Agree on Design by Worthing Court.

Tuscan Shutter Garden by Simple Nature Decor.

The Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party Guidelines

 **Old and new posts are welcome.  Post as many as you like.

**No mandatory links to the party, Rattlebridge Farm, or follows on social media. 

**To make it easier for readers to find your article, use the permalink to your blog post. A tutorial is available HERE.

 **Share your food photos with a larger community at TOP FOOD BLOGGERS ON PINTEREST. Send me a message @ Pinterest if you'd like to join (sometimes requests are swallowed in the feed, so if you don't get an immediate invitation, please send a direct message.

 **If you need assistance to add your post/s to Foodie Friday, an UPDATED GUIDE to the linky party is available HERE or by clicking the Foodie Friday/Everything Else tab at the top of the page.



31 comments:

  1. So excited to see my dear friend Sarah featured. You hit the nail on the head when you said that "Sometimes blogging friendships fade away for unknown reasons; and sometimes the friendships thrive and deepen over the years. Sara is steadfast, the kind of friend who sticks with you through thick and thin. She is beloved by everyone she touches."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely visit. Thank you for Foodie Friday and Everything Else.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so very much for featuring the VEGETARIAN COLLARD GREENS SOUP. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah is such a doll and a friend to everyone. We both live in Texas and I hope to meet her one of these days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah is so nice! Love her travels and style.
    I may need to check out the collard greens soup! Trying to watch lipids and sugar these days. :-) She

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah is a sweetheart, how nice to see her featured! I'm another fellow Texan who would love to meet her! Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for featuring our dining room paint makeover! And for hosting:) Have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah is so sweet - love her blog! Thanks for hosting and enjoy your weekend!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful that you featured Sarah at your party, Michael Lee. She is such a kind, dear soul, and I'm another one that would love to meet her one day. Thanks so much for your fun party. Wish I could sit with you on the hilltop, overlooking your pretty view, on one of your Adirondack chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for hosting! I wish we were having spring like days but I've got to wait a bit longer!
    - Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. That Shutter Garden looks beautiful! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dropping off my Cheesy Broccoli Casserole. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great features! Thanks for the party and have a great weekend Michael Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sarah is surely the sweetest. Thanks for hosting and have a beautiful week. I set a blue table as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sarah is a doll. Thank you for hosting, I hope you enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good morning to you, oh my word, I was over the moon to see my Easter Simnel cake featured this week. It brought such a smile to my face this morning. How wonderful that you have become friends with a fellow blogger.
    I love visiting Sarah's blog as her warm spirit shines through her words.
    I will return later today, as this morning I am visiting Newcastle to buy Mothers Day gifts. Here in England, Mothers Day is celebrated this month.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great feature on Sarah!! I love your spring tablescape! Are you all supposed to get snow this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good morning to you, oh my word, I was over the moon to see my Easter Simnel cake featured this week. It brought such a smile to my face this morning. How wonderful that you have become friends with a fellow blogger.
    I love visiting Sarah's blog as her warm spirit shines through her words.
    I will return later today, as this morning I am visiting Newcastle to buy Mothers Day gifts. Here in England, Mothers Day is celebrated this month.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE Sarah's blog. Excellent choice! Now to visit all of the great blogs in today's link up.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful tribute to Sarah, Micheal Lee. I feel privileged to know her as a friend through blogging and our crazy little tribe of MC tote travelers. Your features are a wonderful way to end the week, always. Have a great weekend. Another chilly one here.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh what a beautiful sunset - I would be there every night with a nice glass of wine enjoying the sunset.
    We have been experiencing some really warm weather here in sunny SO CA.

    So many terrific posts - thank you so much for this wonderful party.

    I love Sarah's blog, what a great lady.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Michael, I found your blog by coincidence through another blogger who was linking her post to your party. I love what I have seen so far and thought I would participate in your party as well. Looks like we have at least one thing in common: gardening!
    i live and garden in San Diego, Southern California and I am writing a garden blog with the name Organic Garden Dreams and I am contributing a post about the roses that have bloomed in February in my garden (yes, roses bloom in February in Southern California!). Hope you like it!
    Warm regards,
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It lightly snowed here again yesterday in Ohio. Roses are so far off I cannot even stand to think about your roses blooming. Kidding. Yay. But grrrr too, haha. : - /

      Delete
  23. I am new! Thanks for hosting and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sarah is truly one of blogger's best - she is a delight, sweet and fun and good.

    You have chosen your featured blogger well, my friend. ♥

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sarah is a sweetheart and one of the first blogging friends I made. I would love to have a seat at your table or in one of your chairs on the hilltop! Thanks for the Foodie Fun this week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  26. Michael Lee, I'm truly honored by your kind and thoughtful words. Many thanks for this beautiful feature. I'm very touched and hope you know how very much I appreciate your friendship and the friendships of many other bloggers. The blogging community is a special group indeed.
    We have had house guests for two weeks, so my computer time has been limited. Otherwise I would have commented sooner. Hope to enjoy many of these links soon. Wish I could join you at your spring table and wander out to your hillside chairs. It all looks so inviting! Hugs from Texas ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks you so much for featuring my cake tutorial! xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a wonderful feature on Sarah, who is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside. She has exquisite taste and I always look forward to her posts. I consider myself fortunate to know Sarah personally and consider her a dear friend. Have a great weekend and I always enjoy your link parties.

    ReplyDelete